We are hiring! We are looking to add a UX designer to our team at Agape Red. Interested?
We are a custom software development firm in the Old Market in Omaha, Nebraska. We are a dedicated team of professionals with experience building complex applications. Our team consists of software consultants with experience and proficiency in a wide array of languages and technologies. Our model of hiring highly talented professionals who are also outstanding communicators allows us to provide the exceptional quality of development work we have come to be recognized for. We offer our technology services to any organization that wants to make the world a better place. We have worked with clients representing many industries from one person startups to Fortune 50 companies across the nation.
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
To be successful in this role, experience with design software and wireframe/prototyping tools is a must. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs.
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- 1Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- A willingness to learn a new domain. Not all details will be understood overnight.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal/external teams and key stakeholders.
- Quality Assurance testing of applications in the process of development. Ensuring functionality meets client requirements.
- Conduct UX audits and provide analysis and suggestions.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate wireframes and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Experience in Agile/Iterative development environment strongly desired.
- Proven work experience as a user-experience designer or similar role.
- Excellent time-managements skills.
- Insurance: 100% paid employee health, life, and disability insurance. Vision and dental are available.
- Retirement: 401k plan available.
- Vacation: Generous, Flexible vacation policy.
- Location: Access to the thriving Old Market environment with free parking.
- Work Environment: Remote work optional, flexible work schedule, paid overtime, fully stocked fridge and snack cabinet and a casual atmosphere.
- Camaraderie: Small team with diverse experience, weekly group lunches, quarterly parties, and team training sessions.